Thursday, July 27, 2006

Yesterday/Wednesday the 26th of July 2006



still haven’t progressed much on my review of Earth. Though Sareena brought me her DVD of Water and Fire. I know they definitely work on my laptop, since I watched the first three seconds of Water during history today. They’re a both combined on the same disk, Sareena says they’re burnt.
Yesterday/Wednesday:
I found out in religion (which I had first lesson), that I was indeed correct in my assessment of why Zaza was distressed. She got called up, left the class, after a good 15 minutes she came back, and announced the good news that her father would get back from Turkey today, having been trapped in Lebanon. He must have been back by Lunch time as she wasn’t in Modern history which we have second last lesson.
Yesterday was UMAT day for Priyam, Mariam and Deborah, plus a few people who don’t really know well enough. I had sent Deborah a good luck card on Tuesday, which she must have received yesterday since she thanked me for it today. Year 12 was much reduced without its UMATees: plus a whole bunch of people were at a chemistry competition as well. I spent the Lunch time sitting with Sareena discussing Bollywood movies, which then moved onto a conversation on Sikhs (I see a handsome policeman, she sees a clown).
After school, I dropped off Sandy’s book to her then continued on walking to Manuka.
When I got to Manuka, I went directly Ali Baba, (Mariam works there and her family owns the business). And I began to lay compliments on Hussein “hello Hussein, who is so wonderful, so handsome, so clever, so strong. Can I please ask you the hugest favour?”
To which he replied that he didn’t give free food to Jews. This was one of those jokes/insults/jests that when they are used against you can’t think of anything to see at all, but you are still thinking of clever replies six weeks later. Mine is ‘but I am not Jewish, merely a Zionist.’
However as I wasn’t after free food on this particular occasion, I merely told him “ah but I am not after food, could you please give me Mariam’s mobile number, I want to wish her Happy UMAT.”
He gave me her number on the condition that I didn’t tell Mariam, her were I got it. I said that of course I wouldn’t tell, with a laugh. He gave me her number. I rang her, to find that she was surrounded by a huge number of Curries, most probably her family celebrating. I even heard her say something about ‘is this another curry mother?’ Twas a very cheerful conversation, that lasted for a few minutes, I told her I was sure that she had done very well. I am pretty sure that she could hear ‘Ali-Baba’ background noises and then put two and two together. After I hung up, I stayed a little while longer in Ali-Baba, considered buying something to eat, but decided that since I would be having dinner with Dad at McDonalds, that wouldn’t be necessary. Hussein introduced me to his extremely ugly friend Ari/Avi/Ali, not sure which name…
Hung out in the Paper Chain ordered a few books in (most of the ones that are on my wish list) I met up with Jason and Neil. Neil was as scruffy as ever (why does he never cut his hair or shave his beard? He looks like a Hobo?) Jason had found a mostly spent book voucher that I had given him ages ago, and was trying find something to buy with ten dollars. I got stuck into Voltaire’s Candide, which was a surprisingly light read.
Jujitsu wasn’t so fantastic: Denise wasn’t there, but Sascha was and he hasn’t trained in ages so he needed all this help just remembering all the basic moves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home