Thursday, July 27, 2006

Today/Thursday 27th July 2006


First person I saw when I got to School this morning was Mariam. I gave her a hug, she thanked me for calling her. Apparently she went to Ali-Baba last night, where Hussein told her that he gave me her number… she asked me whether she had met Hussein’s friend. I instantly blurted out “you mean that really ugly guy?” Then covered my mouth, rather shocked and embarrassed by what I had said “oh I am so sorry, that wasn’t very nice.”
Mariam narrowed her eyes “no that wasn’t very nice, but…yes…”
I wished her good day, trundled off to textiles, instead of actually doing my class work, I drew possible designs for my formal dress. Oh this is getting dangerous, since I did the same in art.
I got completely misplaced during Tutor group time, possible because we had year meeting that I forgot all about. As I was going towards my locker, to grab my stuff for history, I saw Priyam coming out of the Gabriel centre, I galloped up to her carrying my heavy laptop, Priyam, looking terrified, got me to stop and said “no galloping hugs.” So I stopped hugged her, assured her on her UMATs, hugged her again, because she is Burgmann captain she had to run off to talk to the Year 8’s or something and told me that Jeans for Jeans day was coming soon.
In history Mrs Ellis wasn’t there (unfortunately the one day I am early, she is not there) so we got sent to the Library. Where I met up Deborah, gave her a big hug, assured her that she did well.
In Religion we have just begun our new unit “religion and the arts.” Which is leading to a lot of roundabout pointless conversations about what art is (hint: art is not a glass of water on a shelf, a stool, vomit, a blank sheet of canvas, or a urinal-even if some pretentious little shit says it is.) Mr Marman read out the passage of the Bible (he wanted to get a King James as the language is more aesthetic, but the girl who he sent to find could only locate a NIV) concerning the rape of Dinah (Zaza has a cousin called Dinah), and the subsequent fictionalised account of Dinah’s life in Anita Diamant’s book ‘the Red Tent’. He began a discussion about whether the book was “religious ideas conveyed through literature, or literature being conveyed using religious symbolism.” And then the bell rang for lunch.
Double English, was good. Though we didn’t actually achieve much, but then it takes Mrs Thompson like a week to actually say anything. I embarrassed the hell out of Elle with my ‘portrait in words’ of her. I myself thought it was quite a flattering description. The reason Elle wasn’t in uniform was because of Shakespeare festival, and she is Drama Captain. Then I went to ‘Narelle’s Hairdo duck in’ because I seriously needed to get my split ends cut, though which sister cut my hair I don’t know, the brown haired one at any rate.

fin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home