ADFA Open Day-26th of August
Daddy was going up to Sydney that day and he agreed to drive me into Canberra and drop me off at ADFA, he then dropped my stuff at the Motel. After I found my way through the vast maze that is the Australian Defence Force Academy, I located Matthew near the Parade ground, this was achieved only with some difficulty-normally it wouldn’t be hard to find someone as tall and impressive as Matthew, however this was the army and they all seemed to be that tall! Matthew had booked us both tickets to the WTSS (Weapons Training Simulation System), which was fun. Unsurprisingly Matthew did much better than I did, although I did manage to shoot the target of the person lying next to me. I have asked Daddy to take me target shooting-that was such an appalling failure that my pride is still rather wounded almost a week later. After that had finished we toddled around the grounds, Matthew introduced me to some of his cadet friends, one of whom never bathes.
He showed me the weapons displays (Browning Hi-power pistol, the LAW and Carl Gustav rockets, MP5 automatic pistol, F88 Styer Rifle with grenades and a sniper sight, a MAG-58 and F89 Minimi light machine guns.) It took me the whole day to figure out that the reason I couldn’t see anything through the sites was that I had both my eyes open, you’re supposed to wink, if you want to aim. He showed me a Helicopter (apparently it was a Navy Helicopter called a Sea Hawk) the interior of the helicopter was absolutely tiny-I could walk in it comfortably, but Matthew certainly couldn’t, he told me that one of the contributing reasons for him choosing not to be a pilot was that you needed to be quite small, that and very good at maths. Then he showed me to the SLAV (light armoured vehicle-I forget what the S stands for) and another similar vehicle. His parents were in the SLAV, and he introduced me to them, I had already met his Mother once before, though I hadn’t met his father. They were nice, his father has a walrus moustache. Eventually we made our way to the parade ground and spent the rest of the day sitting around watching various displays: I especially liked the dog shows, and the display with the tanks. Often younger people would come up and say hello to Matthew. I asked him lots of questions about the army and cadets, especially telling various services and ranks apart.
Eventually Jason’s father, John, came to pick up little Matthew (Jason’s younger brother) and Jason and Alex (jason’s youngest brother) walked around a little whilst we waited for Matthew sister Caitlin.
Then John dropped Jason, little Matthew, Alex and I back at their house and then went to pick up Sandy.
I walked to Manuka, got some Korean, then went back to my motel room. Then came back to the Bennet’s house, fell asleep on their couch. Then went back to my motel room, got changed. Then went back to the Bennet’s house and asked Sandy if I could borrow her black sateen pants, which she let me do. By this time Daniel had arrived, so he accompanied me whilst I put my jeans back in my motel room. (nothing prurient there just a drop off) when we got back Matthew and his family had arrived.
When I (after a few drinks) overcame my extreme displeasure at Matthew’s drinking. I more or less spent the whole night sitting on his lap. This was fun. And after awhile we started making out, in fact we spent the whole evening making out, despite the fact that Alex and Ryan (Daniels younger brother) were in the same room as us. Eventually (at around 11:30 pm), Matthew and the other 17 year olds (like Alex Sadlier) and Daniel (who is 16) had to go home. Except Natalie who was our designated driver. She drove Neil (whom Matthew has nicknamed Jesus), Jason, Valerie and I to Kingston, then we tried to get into a pub, they were all obscenely crowded or noisy, and Valerie had to get up early the next morning. So after a failed attempt to get into the Italo Australia club, which was closing, we went to my Motel (which is right next door) and Jason and Neil got liquor (whilst the boys were getting liquor from Jason’s house, Natalie, Valerie and I all compared bra sizes). And then we watched bad late night television until I got too drunk, puked and they all went home.
Despite my exhaustion I didn’t sleep easily at all.
On Thursday the 31st of August going back to School on the bus after the Sports Carnival, I was discussing Matthew and his drinking habits, particularly in comparison to Ali, my old crush. As I explained the extreme, though contrasting flaws occurring in both, I swear I could read her mind, and her mind said “Arranged Marriages are the way to go!”
I can’t believe it’s been over two weeks since we last saw each other!! I miss Matthew so much! Despite having talked almost every night on the phone! Fortunately he’s coming down to visit on the 29th of September!!! YAY!
He showed me the weapons displays (Browning Hi-power pistol, the LAW and Carl Gustav rockets, MP5 automatic pistol, F88 Styer Rifle with grenades and a sniper sight, a MAG-58 and F89 Minimi light machine guns.) It took me the whole day to figure out that the reason I couldn’t see anything through the sites was that I had both my eyes open, you’re supposed to wink, if you want to aim. He showed me a Helicopter (apparently it was a Navy Helicopter called a Sea Hawk) the interior of the helicopter was absolutely tiny-I could walk in it comfortably, but Matthew certainly couldn’t, he told me that one of the contributing reasons for him choosing not to be a pilot was that you needed to be quite small, that and very good at maths. Then he showed me to the SLAV (light armoured vehicle-I forget what the S stands for) and another similar vehicle. His parents were in the SLAV, and he introduced me to them, I had already met his Mother once before, though I hadn’t met his father. They were nice, his father has a walrus moustache. Eventually we made our way to the parade ground and spent the rest of the day sitting around watching various displays: I especially liked the dog shows, and the display with the tanks. Often younger people would come up and say hello to Matthew. I asked him lots of questions about the army and cadets, especially telling various services and ranks apart.
Eventually Jason’s father, John, came to pick up little Matthew (Jason’s younger brother) and Jason and Alex (jason’s youngest brother) walked around a little whilst we waited for Matthew sister Caitlin.
Then John dropped Jason, little Matthew, Alex and I back at their house and then went to pick up Sandy.
I walked to Manuka, got some Korean, then went back to my motel room. Then came back to the Bennet’s house, fell asleep on their couch. Then went back to my motel room, got changed. Then went back to the Bennet’s house and asked Sandy if I could borrow her black sateen pants, which she let me do. By this time Daniel had arrived, so he accompanied me whilst I put my jeans back in my motel room. (nothing prurient there just a drop off) when we got back Matthew and his family had arrived.
When I (after a few drinks) overcame my extreme displeasure at Matthew’s drinking. I more or less spent the whole night sitting on his lap. This was fun. And after awhile we started making out, in fact we spent the whole evening making out, despite the fact that Alex and Ryan (Daniels younger brother) were in the same room as us. Eventually (at around 11:30 pm), Matthew and the other 17 year olds (like Alex Sadlier) and Daniel (who is 16) had to go home. Except Natalie who was our designated driver. She drove Neil (whom Matthew has nicknamed Jesus), Jason, Valerie and I to Kingston, then we tried to get into a pub, they were all obscenely crowded or noisy, and Valerie had to get up early the next morning. So after a failed attempt to get into the Italo Australia club, which was closing, we went to my Motel (which is right next door) and Jason and Neil got liquor (whilst the boys were getting liquor from Jason’s house, Natalie, Valerie and I all compared bra sizes). And then we watched bad late night television until I got too drunk, puked and they all went home.
Despite my exhaustion I didn’t sleep easily at all.
On Thursday the 31st of August going back to School on the bus after the Sports Carnival, I was discussing Matthew and his drinking habits, particularly in comparison to Ali, my old crush. As I explained the extreme, though contrasting flaws occurring in both, I swear I could read her mind, and her mind said “Arranged Marriages are the way to go!”
I can’t believe it’s been over two weeks since we last saw each other!! I miss Matthew so much! Despite having talked almost every night on the phone! Fortunately he’s coming down to visit on the 29th of September!!! YAY!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home